Care & Use
How to Prevent Drinkware Breakage
- Do not stack drinkware.
- Do not put drinkware in the microwave.
- Avoid picking up drinkware in bouquets.
- Never put silverware into drinkware.
- Avoid severe temperature changes.
- Avoid impact.
Etching of glassware is a permanent film that cannot be removed; caused by the following:
- Soft water, especially water that is produced by an installed water softening system.
- High water temperature.
- Too much dishwashing detergent.
The damage is permanent. There is no way to remove etching. If a dishwasher is used, the following steps can help to prevent reoccurrence:
- Check for rainbow hue on glasses because that is the first sign of etching.
- Reduce amount of dishwashing detergent; but, never use less than one tablespoon.
- Put fewer dishes in the dishwasher to allow thorough rinsing.
- Keep water temperature no higher than 140 degrees.
How to Care for Your Bakeware
- HEAT IN OVEN ONLY. Use your Anchor Hocking Bakeware in gas or electric ovens up to 425°F or microwave ovens without browning element. Not for stovetop, broiler or toaster oven use. Do not use an alcohol or Canned Heat burner as a direct heat source.
- USE FOR STORING FOOD. Use your Anchor Hocking Bakeware for storing food in refrigerator or freezer but do not take directly from freezer to oven. Let food thaw before cooking or reheating in oven.
- CLEAN WITH PLASTIC OR NYLON NON-SCRATCH PADS OR CLEANSERS. Wash your Anchor Hocking bakeware in detergent and warm water. For stubborn baked on food, let the bakeware soak and then use non-scratch cleansers and scrub pads intended for glass ovenware. Dishwasher safe.
- AVOID SUDDEN OR SEVERE TEMPERATURE CHANGES. Do not add liquid to a hot dish. Handle hot bakeware dishes with a dry cloth or potholder. Never place hot bakeware on wet or cold surfaces.
- AVOID IMPACT WITH HARD OBJECTS. Sharp knives or utensils may scratch and weaken glass bakeware. Do not use if chipped or cracked, or noticeably scratched.
- PLASTIC FOOD STORAGE COVERS are designed for microwave ovens. Not intended for conventional oven, stovetop, broiler, or toaster oven use. Freezer, refrigerator & top rack dishwasher safe.
- BASKET Accessories are designed for serving only. Fiber baskets are not for oven or microwave use.
How to Care for Your Pitcher
- Cold beverage use only. Do not use for hot beverages.
- Avoid sudden temperature changes. Do not pour boiling liquid into this pitcher nor rinse it with hot water immediately after it has been used for cold beverages. Do not fill the pitcher with ice and then pour hot liquid over the ice.
- Avoid impact with hard objects. Use plastic or wooden utensil when stirring liquid in the pitcher. Handle the pitcher with care and avoid striking it against other objects or surfaces. Do not use if chipped, cracked, or noticeably scratched.