Updated: February 2, 2022
Welcome to the Anchor Hocking Group, Inc websites, which includes all of its content, features, functionality, and services offered on or thorough the same the “Website”).
Information We Collect and How We Use It.
We collect personal data and other information from or about you in a few different ways. Specifically, we may collect or receive information: (1) directly from you through information you provide; (2) indirectly from you by observing your actions on our Website, and (3) from third parties such as our vendors or affiliates. Each of these is discussed in more detail below.
Where did we get your personal data?
We collect your personal data when you ask us to contact you, or when you place an order for our products and services. Your failure to provide this information means we cannot fulfill your request. We may also collect your contact information when you provide it by using our Website, as well as your IP address and other information about your activity on our Website, such as what pages you visit. We may also receive personal data when we are working on the resolution to our customers’ problems.
Data You Provide to Us Directly
We may collect your personal contact information from you in a number of ways:
- Discounts and Promotions. When you sign up to receive a discount or promotion, we may collect your email address directly from you.
- Customer Account. When you create and maintain a customer account with us, you will provide us with your first and last name, email, physical address, company name, phone number, purchase history, invoices, and orders.
- Newsletter. When you sign up to receive our newsletter, we will collect your email address from you.
- Contacting Us. When you contact us, the email address and/or telephone number you use to communicate with us will generally be collected directly from you or from our email or phone system, and any additional information you provide may also be collected to respond to your questions. If you call us, your telephone call may be recorded.
- Website, Online Services. To provide our Website and online services to you, to improve our Website and related content, to improve our Website and social media presence, to diagnose and fix problems with our Website, and to secure our Website, we may collect information from your browser including your IP address, browser history or page views, traffic data, cookies and pixel tags, geolocation, and web analytics history.
- Social Media. When you follow us on social media, we may collect your name or username and any information you have provided using your social media account.
- Account and Relationship Management. We may use any or all of the information described in this section to service your account with us or to manage any contractual relationships we may have with you.
Information Collected Indirectly From You
Please note that if you are visiting our Website from a location outside of Canada or the United States, you will be connected through and to servers located in the United States. The information collected as described in this section will be accessed and stored in the United States and Canada.
Cookies may also be placed by third parties prior to or during your visit to our Websites. Our affiliates and business partners may use these cookies in connection with pixel tracking (discussed below) or otherwise. We do not control these cookies.
You can block or remove certain cookies using your Internet browser’s settings. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you block or remove cookies, you may not be able to perform certain transactions, use certain functionality, or access certain content on our Websites.
Pixel Tracking. We and our business partners may employ a common technique usually referred to as “pixel tracking” to measure the effectiveness of marketing or advertisements, as well as to compile aggregate usage statistics. Pixel tracking, which may be used in connection with advertisements on other sites, on our Websites, or in email messages, involves the use of pixel tags (also known as “clear gifs,” “web beacons,” or “1-by-1 gifs” that are not visible to the user of the site and consist of a few lines of computer code. For example, if you visit our Websites from an advertisement on another site, the pixel tag will reference the cookie you received when you clicked on the advertisement. The pixel tag also may register this activity with a business partner to allow us to count the number of times or when an advertisement is accessed. This data is collected for use in our marketing and research. Personal data about you is not collected by pixel tracking, nor is any tracking information generated from the pixel tag allowed to be used for any other purpose other than to report website activity to us.
“Do Not Track” is a privacy setting that users can set in certain web browsers that would request that Websites do not track information about users. At this time, our Websites do not recognize “Do Not Track” browser settings or signals.
Traffic Data. We automatically track and collect general log information when you visit our Websites, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain server, operating system, type of web browser, and the pages you visit on our Websites (collectively “Traffic Data”). We may use the Traffic Data to report aggregated website activity and to better understand the needs of our users so we can make informed decisions regarding the content and design of our Websites. We may collect Traffic Data through various technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies, IP addresses, and pixel tags. While it is not our practice to link IP addresses to your Personal data, we reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify a user when we feel it necessary to protect the compelling interest of our Website, customers, or others, or to comply with laws, court orders, or law enforcement requests.
Data from Others
- Servicing and Support. We may receive personal data about you from our vendors or affiliates, such as your personal contact information (name, home or business address, email address, phone number, and country of residence), in the context of providing to servicing and support to our customers.
- Marketing. We also engage a third-party partner for the purpose of identifying users and delivering to them marketing on our behalf (i.e. email or direct mail). Our partners may collect information directly from your device, such as your IP address, device ID, and information about your browser or operating system; may combine personal and non-personal data about you with information from other sources; and may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. This activity enables them to identify you to facilitate the delivery of marketing on our behalf. To opt out of recognition services, please go to https://idx.listrakbi.com/opt-out.html. To opt out of third-party cookies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Links to Third-Party Websites or Platforms
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California’s “Shine the Light” law, and the California Online Privacy Protection Act provide consumers who are California residents specific rights regarding their personal data. If you are a California resident, this section provides you with additional information, describes your rights, and explains how to exercise these rights.
Categories of Information Collected
|Category||Information||Purpose for Collection|
|A. Identifiers.||Real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||· Purchases· Discounts and Promotions· Customer Account· Newsletter· Contacting Us· Website, Online Services· Social Media· Account and Relationship Management· Servicing and Support· Marketing|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||Name, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||· Purchases· Discounts and Promotions· Customer Account· Contacting Us· Social Media· Account and Relationship Management· Servicing and Support· Marketing|
|C. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||· Purchases· Discounts and Promotions· Customer Account· Account and Relationship Management· Servicing and Support|
|D. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||· Website, Online Services· Social Media|
|E. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||· Website, Online Services|
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category C: Commercial information.
Category D: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category E: Geolocation data.
What are my personal data rights?
You have the following rights concerning your personal data that we hold and process that you can exercise at any time.
- Right to know – you have the right to know what types of personal data we have about you.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Right to delete – in certain circumstances you can ask for the personal data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to opt out of sale – you have the right to ask us not to sell your personal data.
- Right to nondiscrimination – we will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights under California law, including by denying you goods or services; charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
How to Make a Request
If you have an account with us, you can download a copy of your personal data, anonymize your personal data, or delete your account by going to Anchorhocking.com/customer/settings and using the “Privacy Settings” menu in your customer account.
If you don’t have an account with us, you can make any of the above requests by emailing us at email@example.com.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on to other parties holding and processing your personal data where appropriate.
What We May Need from You
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to confirm what you are requesting or to speed up our response.
Verifying Your Identity. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing your personal data and before deleting your personal data. Only you or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf may make a verifiable request relating to your personal data. For example, if you make a request, we may ask you to confirm your name and email address to verify your identity, so that we can help protect your personal data.
Requests from Authorized Agents. If you live in California, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request for you. If you designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we may require you to verify your identity and provide the authorized agent’s identity and contact information to us.
CANADIAN PRIVACY NOTICE
If you are a resident of Canada, this section describes some of the additional rights you have and explains how to exercise those rights.
Correcting or Changing Your Information
If your personal data changes and you need to update it with us, you can do so by logging into your account with us, if you have one, and making any changes to the information stored there.
If you wish to amend, correct, update, or delete your personal data or to opt out of any programs to which you have previously opted in, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will attend to your request to make any necessary revisions, generally within 30 days after receiving your request. We reserve the right not to change your information if we believe the rights of another individual might be violated.
This provision applies only to personal data and not to information that is not personally identifiable that may be gathered by cookies or from IP addresses, or to aggregated information.
Access to Your Information
If you wish to access the personal data we have collected about you and how it is used or disclosed by us, please contact us via email at email@example.com . After confirming your identity, we will generally provide the requested information at no charge to you unless we have a legal basis to charge you a reasonable fee, in which case we will notify you in advance of the approximate cost of processing your request. If we are unable to provide you with your personal data, we will tell you why. In addition, you may have the option of complaining to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or to your province or territory’s privacy commissioner.
EUROPEAN UNION PRIVACY NOTICE
Our lawful basis for holding your information depends on the circumstances under which we acquired it.
|Type of Information||Lawful Basis for Processing|
|Customer and prospective customer contact information collected in connection with an order or an inquiry||For fulfillment of a contract|
|Customer and prospective customer contact information collected for use in marketing additional products and services||Consent or Legitimate Interests|
|Personal data of our customers’ customers collected for use in filling orders for our products and services||For fulfillment of a contract|
Where the basis for processing is “fulfillment of a contract”, you need to know that we will not be able to process your order or request for a quote if you do not provide us with your personal data that we request.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
The personal data we hold is stored and processed securely in line with the information security measures and guidance standard in our industry. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of your personal data, taking into account the level of risk associated with the processing of your personal data.
If we receive your personal data in the context of providing problem solving services to our customers, we will securely accept that data, segregate it from other customer data, and limit access to the data. We will delete the data once the issue is resolved.
Cross border personal data transfers
Your personal data may be transferred to and stored at our servers located in the United States. The United States has personal data privacy laws that are different from your country. While the United States has not received an adequacy decision from the European Union Commission, we will ensure that it is protected in a manner that is consistent with how your personal data is protected if it was processed in your country.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, or we have obtained your consent.
What are my personal data rights?
You have the following rights concerning your personal data that we hold and process that you can exercise at any time.Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.Right of rectification – you have a right to correct personal data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the personal data we hold about you to be erased from our records.Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.Right of portability – you have the right to have the personal data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to judicial review. in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in the process below.
To download a copy of your personal data, anonymize your personal data, or delete your account, if you have created an account, go to Anchorhocking.com/gdpr/customer/settings. “Privacy Settings” menu in your customer account.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on to other parties holding and processing your personal data where appropriate.
Who do I contact if I have an issue with my personal data that you hold?
Please contact our Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I make a complaint about how my personal data is being held or processed?
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we handle your personal data, you can contact our Privacy Officer as follows.
Anchor Hocking LLC
1600 Dublin Road, East Building
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Attention. Privacy Officer
If you are not satisfied with our response you can complain to the data protection authority for the country in which you reside.
This GDPR Privacy Notice was last updated on February 2, 2022 .